I just Love Markdown. I’m a Markdown fan. Markdown is a plain text formatting syntax designed so that it can be converted to HTML. Markdown syntax is pretty easy to learn and use. If you are a developer then you would have already used it.
Why use Markdown
- It’s easy to learn and use
- It’s fast : Faster than any rich-text editor
- It’s clean : Generates perfectly-formed HTML
How can you use Markdown
- For writing blog posts : Every blogging system has support to convert Markdown syntax into HTML
- For writing project documentations on GitHub
- For writing emails
- For taking notes and then exporting them as a PDF file or Styled HTML document
I use MarkdownPad which is a Paid Markdown editor.
Say Hello to Dillinger a Free Online Markdown editor with amazing features.
Features of Dillinger
- Word count
- Scroll sync : Scroll sync for markdown and preview windows
- Import markdown files from Dropbox, GitHub, Google and One Drive
- Export markdown files into HTML, Styled HTML and PDF
If you are new to Markdown, then download this Free PDF book on Markdown.
Thank you for reading.