Sendy is one of the best Emailer software out there on the web. I love Sendy.
Sendy + Amazon SES = Awesomeness
But sendy doesn’t have a feature of receiving email notifications when new subscribers register on our websites.
I have figured out to do it using an email service called “Mandrill” by sending email to myself using ajax calls.
- Create a new Mandrill account
- Get your Mandrill API Key
- Verify your Domain Name and Email Address
- Add TXT SPF and DKIM records for authentication for your Domain name
- Wait for the records to propagate
- Use the below given code with your API key to receive email notification after someone registers using the sendy form
Sample Sendy Subscribe Form
When we create a new list using sendy we get this subscribe form which we can embed on our websites for our users to subscribe.
Note : Your form code may differ.
jQuery code for receiving email notifications using Mandrill
The below given code checks all the input boxes and then sends a post request to mandrill with all the form input values using AJAX. Mandrill then replies back by sending an email to you.
Note : Keep in mind that your API key is visible to anyone, so any malicious user may use your key to send out emails that can eat up your quota.